Save the Date: August 7, 2021
Le Dîner en Blanc – Charlotte Returns for its Third Edition
On August 7, 2021
Charlotte, NC – Le Dîner en Blanc returns to Charlotte for its third edition on August 7, 2021. And as always, the venue will remain secret until the last minute.
While following all recommendations made by local public health and safety on the Covid-19 situation — the festive and community feel of this long-standing French dining tradition will remain the same.
Participation in this unique event happens in three stages:
- Phase 1 is for members from the previous year;
- Phase 2 is for new members sponsored by Phase I attendees; and
- Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list.
People can sign-up now at register.dinerenblanc.com/charlotte.
Le Dîner en Blanc is an event that transports us into another world by staying in our home city. The sea of people all adorned in white creates images instantly “Instagram-able.” Meeting new people or reuniting with longtime friends, getting dressed up to attend a dinner à la française where conversation and champagne are essential.
Leo Bennett and Tara Roberson, hosts of Le Dîner en Blanc in Charlotte, is glad Le Dîner en Blanc is returning to Charlotte, and that this year event will help the local economy.
“This chic and elegant affair seems perfect to encourage people to shop local and bring to the event their local flavor,” said Robertson. “While everyone is eager to get outside, we strongly invite the participants to register early and not to wait until the last moment."
Guests must follow specific requirements to maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc's tradition:
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- The table setting is all white.
- To ensure the location secret is kept undisclosed until the last minute, guests meet at the assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- Guests are required to leave the event space free of their belongings, leftovers, and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth;
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on-site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
- Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
About the Hosts of Le Dîner en Blanc – Charlotte
The hosts of Dîner en Blanc – Charlotte are Leo Bennett and Tara Robertson. The team has a combined 50 years of experience hosting and promoting special events in the southeast, including Charlotte.
About Le Dîner en Blanc
Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on six continents. Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc de Paris marked its 30th anniversary in 2018 with a record 17,000 guests from Paris and around the world. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principle fuelling this fantastic event has not: guests dressed in all white continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 80 cities in 30 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info, photos, and videos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com.
#dinerenblanc #debcharlotte21 #dinerenblancclt
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: