Save the Date: August 24, 2019
For media inquiries:
Charlotte, N.C. – Once again this year, the elegant white wave of dinner guests will invade one of the most prestigious public locations of the city. Le Dîner en Blanc returns to Charlotte, on Saturday, August 24, 2019. For this second edition, more than 1500 revelers are anticipated at a new and secret location. Last year inaugural très chic picnic attracted 1100 cultural enthusiasts for a memorable evening at the Romare Bearden Park.
This annual secret affair, promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty, and magic, as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes before the start of the event.
“If you were at the event last year, you know to circle this date! This event allows us to enjoy of some of our most prestigious and iconic public spaces of the city with elegance and flair”, says Tara Robertson, returning co-host of Le Dîner en Blanc – Charlotte. “This year, we have once again searched the city high and low to find a venue that will ‘wow’ and render this night unique and magical as well as welcome more guests.”
Registration to participate in this unique experience happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members from the inaugural year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase 1 attendees; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list via the official website. To be part of this unique experience, sign up now at register.dinerenblanc.com/charlotte/en/register.
Launched in Paris in 1988, the original essence of Le Dîner en Blanc remains friendship, elegance, and gallantry. Now, more than 130,000 revelers around the world give this international event an exciting platform for participants to exhibit their fashion sense, showcase their exquisite taste for design and elegance and share their gastronomic delights.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc, as well as, staying true to tradition, guests must observe specific requirements and follow a few critical rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- The dress code is elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- To leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to go with all their belongings, leftovers, and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: