Le Diner en Blanc-Charlotte Returns On July 25, 2020
For the 3rd time, Charlotte will host Le Dîner en Blanc – the all-white dinner. On Saturday, July 25, the annual secret affair, promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty, and magic, as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes before the commencement of the event. More than 1500 foodies, fashion, and cultural enthusiasts attended the event last year, and 2000 are expected to participate this year.
Registration to participate in this unique event happens in three stages:
- Phase 1 is for members from the previous year;
- Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase 1 attendees;
- Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list.
Come and join us! Click on the REGISTRATION tab and sign-up to the waiting list.
“Each year, we are just amazed at the amount of support this event continues to receive from our guests,” said Charlotte’s co-host, Tara Robertson. “As we grow, finding that perfect secret location gets more difficult, but we have secured the perfect spot for this year.”
The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments, including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. When at the end of the evening the trumpet sounds, guests pack up all of their belongings, pick up all their litter and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc, as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe specific requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged, as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- To leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to go with all their belongings, leftovers, and litter.
Guests must bring:
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- Guests are welcome to bring their non-alcoholic beverages.
- Proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered dinner option, which can be picked up on-site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wanting to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: